Workouts for Home
By Kara Schwinke 0
- When you are doing push-ups, make sure you keep the right form so you don’t hurt yourself. Keep your back straight and have your hands placed shoulder width apart. Set a goal of how many push-ups you want to do each day.
- For lunges, keep your knees at a 90-degree angle and in line with your foot as you bend down. Front lunges or back lunges are good for different muscles.
- This exercise works your lower body muscles and helps you tone that area. When you perform a squat keep your feet in line with your hips and sink down as you are sitting in a chair.
- Doing planks for 30 seconds each day and you will start to see an improvement. When you are in the plank position, make sure to keep your body level and straight.
- Biceps curls
- This exercise you will use dumbbells in each hand. Stand with your feet hip distance apart and begin raising the weights by bending at your elbow.
- Lateral raises
- Begin with dumbbells in each hand, palms facing inward and then raise your arms straight up to the height of your shoulder and lower slowly.
- Triceps kickbacks
- Use a chair for stability and extend your arm slowly backwards and then return to the starting position.
- Bent Rows
- Here is a how-to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeUzJmU25Rc
- Wall squats
- This exercise is when you sink down to a seated position on the wall, like you are sitting in an invisible chair. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds or longer.
- Overhead press
- Here is a how-to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3QY5vMz_6I
- Stability ball push-ups
- Once you have good form for a standard push-up, then you can challenge yourself by using a ball. Place the ball under your knees and maintain a good balance and then perform the push-up.
- Banded side steps
- If you have resistance bands, wrap it around your ankles and then step to the side with each foot.
- Lunges with overhead extension
- Raise your arms up into an overhead press with a weight and bend into a lunge.
- Lat pulldowns
- Here is a how-to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui02RWO-kK0