The RiverPlex is a collaboration between OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and the Peoria Park District. OSF Saint Francis Wellness Services staff work in conjunction with RiverPlex staff to provide you with all the resources needed to achieve your fitness and health goals.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Tuesday and Thursday
Medical Exercise Program Membership
Want to be more active but afraid to start because of your health?
Look no further. The OSF Saint Francis Medical Exercise Program at the RiverPlex is meant just for you! We have helped people with heart disease, diabetes and other illnesses start exercising safely. OSF Wellness Services specializes in helping people with chronic health conditions. Look what we have to offer:
- Expert healthcare professionals, registered nurses, dietitians and exercise specialists
- Indoor walking track
- Land exercise with treadmills, bikes, Nu-Steps and more
- Lap and warm water pools, Lazy River
- Tai Chi basic and advanced classes
- Structured hour-long classes offered during the morning and afternoon
- Exercise on your own during program hours
- Lower level class for beginners or those with more advanced health issues
- Classes that teach healthy eating with samples to taste
- Classes that teach other healthy habits
But that isn’t even the best part. Our caring staff:
- Teach you safe exercise
- Create a routine best suited to your needs
- Lead group exercise classes
- Answer questions about your health and exercise concerns
- Care about and support your needs
- Respond to medical emergencies
- Our Registered Nurses, Exercise Specialists, and Dietitians are ready to serve you and help you along your path to wellness
Medical Exercise Program Members are able to use the RiverPlex during OSF Hours.
Ready to become a Medical Exercise Program Member?
Call us today at (309) 282-1617. Your doctor’s consent is needed to join. Please attend a new member orientation meeting on any Tuesday at 1:00 pm in the first floor classroom at the RiverPlex.
Silver Sneakers Program
Have you heard about Silver Sneakers through Humana insurance? OSF at the RiverPlex has contracted with a company called Healthways to provide memberships to people who qualify for a program called ‘Silver Sneakers’. Silver Sneakers is an exercise program that many insurance companies will include as part of your covered benefits. Here at the RiverPlex that means you can become a member of OSF’s Medical Exercise Program at no out-of-pocket cost to you. Your Humana insurance covers this cost! If you have not received a Silver Sneakers Membership card in the mail, call your insurance company to find out if your plan includes Silver Sneakers.
For Frequently Asked Questions about Silver Sneakers and the Medical Memberships click here.
- Attend a new-member orientation session any Tuesday at 1:00pm, first floor RiverPlex.
- Bring your Silver Sneakers membership card OR insurance card to your orientation session.
- All of our programs require your physician’s consent. Print a Physician Consent Form to take to your doctor; he or she will fax it to us once it is signed.
- For more information call (309)282-1617.