Kids, it is very important to stay healthy this summer so you can have fun and enjoy your time off before returning to school in the fall. Here are 5 tips to staying healthy this summer:
- With school out for the year your normal school routines will change, but it is important to still get a good night’s sleep. Strive for seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
- Stay active
- Enjoy various fun activities that get your body moving. You want to be able to use those muscles and bones to keep them strong. Don’t spend your summer sitting inside watching television or playing video games. Go outside and play activities like kickball, pitch and catch, ride your bike, etc.
- Make connections
- Summer is the chance to build stronger relationships between family and friends. You get the chance to spend time together playing games, or going on vacation. Get together with the neighborhood kids or your classmates and play some fun games like baseball, or steal the cones.
- Stay hydrated
- Water is very important to have this summer. Summer temperatures can get up into the 90s. Water keeps your body hydrated so you don’t get over heated while having fun outside. If you don’t want to drink water all the time, you can eat snacks that have a high-water content like watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Wear sunscreen
- Remember when you are outside this summer, put on sunscreen. Whether it is sunny or cloudy you can always get a sunburn. Sunburns are not fun to have because it kind of puts a damper on enjoying your time outside. You can still have fun outside, just remember to apply sunscreen.