Staying Healthy on Vacation
By Kara Schwinke 0
Tis the season for summer vacations!!! Several families are making plans for a fun filled trip to try new and exciting activities that all can enjoy.
When you’re on vacation, it is easy to forget the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips to staying healthy while on vacation:
- Travel Snacks
- Whether you are driving or flying to your destination, it is good to pack healthy non-perishable snacks for the trip. This includes snacks that can be easily carried with you in the car or on the plane. Driving or flying for a long time could increase one’s appetite, so having healthy snacks packed is a good idea. Some examples of healthy snacks include apples, bananas, trail mix, mixed nuts, granola bars, sunflower seeds, raisins, etc.
- Stay active
- Vacations are a great time to try something fun that keeps you active. When you are driving to your destination, take the time to stop along your route and get out and walk around to enjoy the beautiful scenery. If you stay in a hotel or condo, you can utilize the facilities that they offer, such as the fitness center, swimming pool, or other available activities.
- Don’t eat out too much
- It’s alright to go out to eat at different restaurants to try unique foods and have that chance to splurge, but it’s important to choose healthy items from the menu. Instead of eating at a restaurant you can cook your own meals in your room or condo. Not only is it healthier, but it is also cheaper. The local markets or grocery stores provide a good source of fresh and delicious foods you can buy to make a healthy meal for the whole family.
- Drink plenty of water
- Having water handy during your excursions is extremely important. No matter where you are, it is good to keep hydrated to avoid any problems like headaches, nausea, or fatigue. Whether you are vacationing at a beach, a historic site, or a national park, water is good to drink when exposed to the sun to help replenish your body. Also, it gives you energy so you can continue to enjoy the rest of the trip.
- Relax and enjoy!!
- Vacations are a time to leave all your stress and worries at home and have time to relax and rejuvenate. It isn’t the time to think about what is going on at work or back home. Take this time to enjoy the little moments with your family and make great memories that last a lifetime.
Source: https://wellnessmama.com/4646/eat-healthy-on-vacation/ https://www.thetravel.com/10-ways-to-stay-healthy-on-vacation-and-10-things-to-be-avoided/