With the Thanksgiving festivities finished, did anyone take a nap after their big meal? I know I wanted to after eating that amazing turkey and playing with my little cousins. The holiday season is a great time to sit back and relax and enjoy the company of family and friends. Naps are important to take during the day especially after a long, hard day.
Here are some tips and benefits to taking naps:
- Short naps should be 20-30 minutes long to help improve your alertness and performance without feeling groggy.
- Find a restful place to lie down to avoid any unnecessary noise and light
- Keep the room at a comfortable temperature
- Try to avoid taking a nap later in the day to prevent abnormal sleep patterns and make it difficult to fall asleep at your normal bedtime.
- Can restore and increase alertness directly following the nap
- Enhance your performance
- Reduce mistakes and accidents.
- Help with those affected by narcolepsy
- Provides relaxation and rejuvenation
- Can be like a mini vacation
- Boosts productivity
- Improves heart health
- Elevates mood
- Relieves stress and boosts immune system
- Improves memory and learning
Now go and enjoy a well-deserved nap.