Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /websites/wp-content/themes/symetrio-theme/functions/helpers/helper-post-content.php on line 219
- Get Kids Involved
- Let your kids help make the decisions on what they want in their lunch each day. A good thing to do is take them along with you to the grocery store and let them pick what healthy foods they want. That way they are happy with what they are eating for lunch that day.
- Healthy Foods to Fun Foods
- A great way to make eating healthy foods fun and enjoyable is to be creative with the foods. Try cutting out different shapes for their sandwiches or you could also make fun little critters out of some of the foods like ants on a log.
- Make your Own
- A lot of packaged snacks lack the right amount of nutrients and may be high in sugar, sodium, and saturated fats. A great way to avoid buying packaged snacks is to make your own snacks. The internet is filled with great recipes that kids will enjoy like yogurt covered raisins, no bake energy bites, etc.
- Include all Food Groups
- A helpful guide to making sure your child gets a healthy lunch is to follow the MyPlate This diagram shows the different food groups you can include in your child’s lunch. It is important to get the correct amount of nutrients and include the MyPlate food groups.
- Keep Hydrated
- It is important to include water as your child goes to school. A child should drink between 6-8 cups of water a day. You can have your child pick their favorite water bottle they would like to bring with them to school. When they bring their own water bottle they are more likely to drink it all and refill it to reach the correct amount they should each day. If your child doesn’t want just water, try putting in some frozen fruit to add some flavor.