Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /websites/wp-content/themes/symetrio-theme/functions/helpers/helper-post-content.php on line 219
Here are some helpful tips on how to keep your children’s vision healthy and safe:
- Eat Right
- It is important to keep your eyes healthy and you can do that by eating healthy foods. Leafy greens, salmon, tuna, and carrots are good for your eyesight.
- Keep Moving
- Exercise is very important for your body and also vision. If you don’t exercise you are at a higher risk for diabetes and other issues that can lead to vision problems. Set time in your day to exercise regularly.
- Speak Up
- If you notice a change in your vision, like things are blurry, or you squint a lot, make sure you tell someone so the issue can be fixed. You don’t want to spend your life with your eyes bothering you every second of the day. You won’t be able to enjoy the sights around you and other activities you like to do.
- Wear your glasses
- I know it may not be cool to wear glasses, but they help you to see better. Make sure you keep them clean at all times to have clear vision while wearing them. Also, keep your glasses in a safe area like a case, so you don’t lose them or they break.
- Keep germs away
- It is always good to keep your hands clean when you put your glasses on. If you wear contacts that is a good time to wash your hands before you put your fingers near/on your eye. If you don’t wash your hands each time you put your glasses on, or put your contacts in, it can lead to eye infections.
- Wear protection
- Whether you are playing sports or you are outside playing, make sure you wear protective eye wear like goggles for your glasses, or sunglasses. Wearing protective eye wear helps protect your eyes from any injury that may happen during sports. Also, if you are outside sunglasses help protect your eyes from the sun’s rays.
- Take breaks
- Remember to give your eyes a break from looking at any screens. A good technique to follow is the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look about 20 feet away for 20 seconds. It is important to do that so you’re not staring at the same thing for a long time. You don’t want your eyes to get tired, hurt, or strained because of looking at screens all day. Try to cut your screen time to help your eyesight.