Water is the best drink to have all the time to keep your body healthy. Here are some facts and benefits on drinking water.
- 60% of body is made up of water
- Drink 8 oz. glass of water per day
- On average, men should drink 3 liters (13 cups) of water, while women should drink 2.2 liters (9 cups) of water
- Strengthens joints
- The cartilage found in your joints contains around 80% of water. If you are dehydrated it can cause joint pain.
- Boosts skin health and beauty
- Water can prevent skin disorders and wrinkles if you remember to drink water each day.
- Important during physical performance
- During intense workouts, staying hydrated can help you perform to the best of your ability. Dehydration, during exercising, can cause issues with your body physically and mentally.
- Treats headaches
- If you are not drinking enough water it can cause headaches and migraines. Drinking water can reduce the intensity and duration of the headaches.
- Important for digestive system
- Dehydration can lead to digestive problems, constipation, and other stomach issues. Water helps your digestive system work properly to avoid any of these issues.
- Flushes out unnecessary waste
- Water helps empty urine and other waste from your body. If your urine is clear that means you are drinking enough water.
- Essential for kidney function
- Your kidneys regulate fluid in your body and with the right amount water you can avoid issues like kidney stones. Water is very important for kidney function.