Benefits of Cycling
“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” – John F. Kennedy
Taking a moment out of your day to go for a bike ride can be a fun and cheap way to enjoy the fresh air and develop a healthy body. Bicycling is perfect for all ages and can be enjoyed by all who wants to ride. “An estimated one billion people ride bicycles every day – for transport, recreation, and sport.” It is recommended to cycle about 30 minutes every day to stay healthy and fit.
This physical activity can be very beneficial for your health and environment. Here are some health benefits that cycling can do for your overall health:
- Increases cardiovascular fitness
- Increases stamina, muscle strength, and flexibility
- Strengthens joints and bones
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improves one’s posture and coordination skills
- Reduces risk of health problems
- Prevents strain and injuries
- Builds your intensity level
Make sure, when you are bike riding, that you always have water with you to stay hydrated. It is important, especially if it is hot outside, to keep drinking water. Water is a big part of the health benefits listed above, without proper hydration a lot of these health benefits can turn to disadvantages for your health.