Rules of the Facility
In order to provide a safe and enjoyable environment, the following code of conduct has been established:
- Each person must check in at the front desk before using the facility.
- This is an E.L.I.T.E. certified facility.
- Shirts and shoes are required. No wearing of inappropriate clothing. Midriffs and cleavage can not be showing.
- No spikes or cleats allowed in the RiverPlex.
- No littering or throwing objects.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, or any tobacco products prohibited.
- All federal, state, and local laws enforced.
- Foul language and inappropriate behavior are not acceptable. All members are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and appropriate manner. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
- The RiverPlex Recreation & Wellness Center prohibits the use of photography, video recording or video conferencing (be it social media, Skype, FaceTime, etc.) of anyone in our facility without their verbal acknowledgement; this includes recording group exercise classes, the instructor and the participants. The only parties able to photograph and record with devices are RiverPlex marketing and group exercise staff. All photography and video platforms are prohibited in the bathrooms and locker rooms.
Group exercise studios, member’s gym and arena:
- Food and drinks are not allowed with the exception of water in closed containers.
- No hanging on the basketball rims.
- Refer to the track schedule regarding which direction to walk on which day.
- Children 9 and over may use the running track alone as long as they are abiding by the rules.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The inside two lanes are for walking, the outside two lanes are for running.
- While using the track, you must be moving with traffic. No standing at any time.
- The training studio (back end of lobby by the Rockwall) is exclusive for those involved in our individual or group training programs only.
- All swimmers must shower before using the pool
- Swimmers must wear regulation swimwear.This helps keep our filtering system from clogging up. Boys should have swim trunks that have a mesh liner in them. No shorts or t-shirts in pool.
- Always use a feet-first entry into shallow water.
- Lanes are intended for adults 16 and over. Exceptions can be made for younger children based on swimming experience.
- When asking a swimmer to share their lane, the first swimmer should chose which side they want to swim on. Please make sure the first swimmer knows that you have entered their lane.
- Lap swimmers should swim in a circular pattern when sharing a lane with 3 or more swimmers. It’s just like driving a car; stay on the right side of the lane.
- If a swimmer knows you are behind him/her and that you want to pass, the best place to pass is at the wall. A light touch on the foot is a signal that you would like to pass.
- During SCHEDULED class times (swim lessons) we may be using 1 or 2 lanes of the pool. Please check schedules for specific times.
- Walkers are welcomed at all hours, however from 5-8 pm Monday- Friday and Saturday and Sunday’s from 12:00-7:00 pm it is open for kids to use with the tubes. You may share the water with the kids but be aware the waterfall and sprouts will be turned on.
- Children must be 48 inches tall to be in the lazy river by themselves. Children under 48 inches must be accompanied by a parent in the water.
- Children must be on a tube in the lazy river.
- Sauna users must be at least 17 years old.
- Pregnant women and persons suffering from heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure should consult their physicians before using the sauna.
- Do not use the sauna while under the influence of any type of alcohol or drugs.
- Those persons using prescriptions drugs should consult their physicians before using the sauna.
- If you feel faint or dizzy in the sauna, leave the room immediately.
- Drink plenty of fluids before and after leaving the sauna.
- Users are required to wear a bathing suit or shorts in the sauna.
- Please shower after leaving sauna and before entering any pool.
- Do not exceed 15 minutes in the sauna.
- Do not pour water on the stones. This is a dry sauna.
Warm Water Therapy
- Aerobic activity is NOT recommended in this pool due to the water temperature.
- Those who are diabetic or have cardiac problems should use caution. Please consult your physician before use of the warm water pool.
- Children are not allowed in the warm water pool to play, due to the bar on the sides and bottom of the pool. Parents may bring babies or toddlers in the pool if they can hold them the whole time.
- No standing, swinging, hanging, or playing on the bars.
- During SCHEDULED class times (arthritis classes and swim lessons) we ask that guests other than class participants refrain from using the pool.
- Jumping into the pool is prohibited.
- One person down the slide at a time. The person must exit the pool before another person goes down the slide.
- No chain riding…there is a weight limit of 300 pounds.
- Sliders must ride on their backs or bottoms, feet first.
- No necklaces, bracelets, watches, long earrings, chains, belts, etc. These things scratch the slide surface.
- This slide is a body slide only…absolutely no tubes, towels, etc.
- All participants must be at least 48 inches tall.
- Parents MAY NOT go down the slide with their children, or catch them at the bottom.
- Pregnant women and those over 300 lbs should not go down the slide.
- Only adults 17 and older may be in the whirlpool.
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes or high blood pressure should consult their physicians before using the whirlpool
- Persons using prescription medications should consult their physicians before using the whirlpool
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol or drugs should NOT use the whirlpool.
- The whirlpool is not for swimming. Please refrain from exercising or submerging the head under the water.
- No one should bring any soap, oils, food or drink into the whirlpool.
- No one should remain in the whirlpool for more than 15 minutes.
- Pregnant women should not be in the whirlpool.
PlayHouse at the Plex, formerly Kidz Korner:
- We provide supervised play childcare for children ages 3-10 years old. For all rules, rates and times, please click here!